Location: West Memphis, AR 72301
Job Category: Operations
Upper Edge Tech works as an advocate to each of our customers, providing solutions to laptop parts procurement quickly and efficiently.
Notably through our extensive and completely in-house inventory, which is ready to ship anywhere in the world the same day, or to any destination in the US overnight with the latest possible ordering timeframe for our customers convenience.
Above all, we've embarked on this mission, this vocation, this particular and specific job as a result of a God-given directive to spread His word and to use proceeds to support His work and His workers.
Upper Edge Tech has chosen to embrace the three characteristics behind the Ideal Team Player (Humble, Hungry and Smart) as well as two additional core values (Integrity and Satisfied). In that effort, employees are expected to be familiar with the ideals represented in these core values as well as demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles at work. Persons valuing and exemplifying these characteristics will find themselves ahead of the field when it comes to employment at UETech.
The Tech Position is responsible for disassembling computers utilizing a variety of hand tools and fixtures, managing parts sensitive to damage, and ensuring parts meet all UETech’s quality criteria to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Reports to Team Leader
- This is a full-time, hourly position
- Monday through Thursday – 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Friday - 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Have or gain an understanding of internal components related to each type of machine.
- Read and follow company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Use a variety of hand tools and fixtures to disassemble computers.
- Carefully manage parts sensitive to damage.
- Clean, inspect, and grade parts to ensure they meet all UETech’s quality criteria to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently research part numbers as needed.
- Accurately add part numbers to the database.
- Test parts as needed.
- Effectively communicate to your team members.
- Foster a collaborative environment for your team, in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Embrace the core values, culture and vision of UETech while stressing the importance of a people centered, team focused, and results oriented environment.
- Typing – 30 WPM
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Ability to be meticulous as well as industrious in movement.
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks.
- Problem solving.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Must be punctual, poses strong work ethic and communication skills, and capable of managing time independently.
- Must have reliable transportation.